Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), the city of Madera, and Richard Heath and Associates, Inc. (RHA) work together on the Madera Energy Watch Program. The Madera Energy Watch Program provides energy efficiency upgrades to eligible businesses, municipal buildings and non-profit organizations.
What will the Madera Energy Watch Program do?
An Energy Advisor will visit your business and conduct an initial energy assessment to identify and provide business owners with suggestions on how to save on electric and gas bills. The Energy Advisors will also provide a list of qualified energy efficient measures that may be installed at no cost. Following the initial energy assessment, professional installation specialists will install energy efficient measures at no cost to the business, upon the completed and signed Access and Participation Agreement.
Who can participate in the program?
- Eligible PG&E customers
- Small and medium sized businesses
- City owned municipal buildings
In addition to businesses and municipalities, non-profit organizations within PG&E's service territory may be eligible to participate in the Madera Energy Watch Program.
The program is available on a first-come, first-served basis while program funds are available, or through December 2012, whichever comes first.
What energy efficiency measures will be installed?
The energy efficient measures that may be installed will depends on the results of the initial energy assessment. Qualified measures may include:
- Interior and exterior lighting
- Hardwired compact and linear fluorescent fixtures
- High bay T5 fixtures
- LED exit signs
- Vending machine controls
These are just some of the measures that can be installed. The Energy Advisor will ensure the maximum program benefits are received.
Who to contact?
To determine whether if your home or office building qualifies for the Madera Energy Watch Program call 1-866-388-8820.
When you call we will:
- Request your information, i.e. name, business name, address
- Schedule an energy specialist to go to your business for an energy survey
- Determine what retrofits your business qualifies for
- Schedule an appointment for the installation of the energy efficient measures
- Advise you of other energy efficiency programs and services available through PG&E